JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey)

+11
Per
J.
Dave-the-drummer
InSight.
Levi.
Rotation 4
Matt
sjman409
Skinny.
Rubber314chicken
L'Astronaut
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey)

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Epiarch Defintive Series

- dark green hard satin finish
- chrome hardware

22x14
13x9
16x16
14x5 matching snare

Cymbals: Dream

22" Bliss
20" Bliss Vintage
17" Shuffle Hats (Contact bottom, Bliss Top)

Last edited by 61'. on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:18 am; edited 7 times in total
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey)

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Who are you????
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:45 pm

I'm really loving the sound of this kit ... well specifically the bass drum. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlpbgtnd_s&feature=channel
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Dave-the-drummer wrote:Who are you????

This guy. http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/member.php?u=85087

You may also know me as TradingCityLightsForStars and/or PaperHeart (name changes). Very Happy
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Nah dude i don't like that craviotto as much as others i have heard. They had a real nice Five piece one a few months ago!
But lets keep this thread on topic.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:03 pm

61'. wrote:I'm really loving the sound of this kit ... well specifically the bass drum. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlpbgtnd_s&feature=channel

that kit is so beautiful
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:12 pm

I agree. Very Happy But ... the price tag.
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Dave-the-drummer wrote:Nah dude i don't like that craviotto as much as others i have heard. They had a real nice Five piece one a few months ago!
But lets keep this thread on topic.

Alright, sorry. Wink I know which one you're talking about though and I loved it. It was a 5 piece Ash. Very Happy

Yea, i really don't like craviotto that much but that ash one was nice, old ayotte kits on the other hand, mmmm hmmmm.
Im more of a fan of stuff that i actually have a chance of owning.
(sorry i accidentally "Daved" your post oopz) i clicked Edit instead of quote
Embarassed
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Also 61, i remember you now, you used to be called Trading lights for stars. Why so many username changes? haha you were only on PDF for like 2-3 months and you have left already, thats shocking (for PDF).

Also that means like a username change every month! Wahst wrong with you? OCD? ¡This Cheese is Burning Me!
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Dave-the-drummer wrote:Also 61, i remember you now, you used to be called Trading lights for stars. Why so many username changes? haha you were only on PDF for like 2-3 months and you have left already, thats shocking (for PDF).

Also that means like a username change every month! Wahst wrong with you? OCD? ¡This Cheese is Burning Me!

Haha. Well I joined in march, but I've lurked on it for years. Very Happy First, TCLFS was too long.. paperheart was too bland, so why not go original Wink Not that I've left, but it's not the same.. ¡This Cheese is Burning Me!! I've that cheese thing everywhere, what is it! Very Happy ... I'm not OCD, but I hate when things aren't like.. in order? I guess idk.

** I typed L-M-A-O and got cheese? woo!
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 pm

[quote="61'."]
Dave-the-drummer wrote:Yea, i really don't like craviotto that much but that ash one was nice, old ayotte kits on the other hand, mmmm hmmmm.
Im more of a fan of stuff that i actually have a chance of owning.
(sorry i accidentally "Daved" your post oopz) i clicked Edit instead of quote
Embarassed

Haha. Nice Wink Pink is totally your colour. Very Happy 8,000 ... for a set is insane ... but I guess for Craviotto it's worth it in some other's opinion. I'm really digging alot of vintage sets though. Very Happy
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 pm

¡This Cheese is Burning Me!

craviotto kits are pricey, but they sound so gooood
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Matt wrote:¡This Cheese is Burning Me!

craviotto kits are pricey, but they sound so gooood

Ya. Those Ash shells is what I'm loving. Also Brady's Jarrah Ply is nice too. Very Happy What company took the 700 year old ... tree/log thing out of a lake and made drums from it.. it's like burying a cymbal for 8 months.. Very Happy
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm

61'. wrote:
** I typed L-M-A-O and got cheese? woo!

The cheese is everywhere! You ain't gonna find that anywhere else! Wink
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm

lmao
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:50 pm

I wouldn't have a chance in a life-time to own a craviotto, maybe a snare. But I'd still have to sell up the house.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:Mine varies, as do most drummer's...

okay, so mine has changed. here's the revision.

DRUMS:
Yamaha MCAN Apple Sparkle Fade or Pearl MCX

22x16
15x14 Floor
(10x8) Maybe

13" BP Snare w/ wood hoops
12" Artwood Snare w/ GW

CYMBALS:

15" Dream Hats
19" Dream Crash/Ride 20" K Custom Hybrid Ride
22" Dream Ride
20" Paiste Twenty China or 19" K Custom Hybrid China
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

no tom anymore?
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Here's mine for sure I think, well for now - but the cymbals are to stay. I think maybe just when I come across a set that I like the sound, well then I'll stick with it. Very Happy

Cymbals
Paiste 20" 2oo2 Crash
Paiste 19" 2oo2 Crash
Dream 17" Shuffle Hats (Contact over Bliss)
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:55 pm

nah, i just love the feel of just having the floor tom. it's like i said in your thread, the way i feel and the way my body feels and moves when playing a 3 piece (technically 4 because my sidesnare) is just too good to ignore.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm

That's great Matt ;P I set my kit back up as a 4 piece for a little while.
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 pm

yeah, i mean, that's like the DREAM kit #1

ideally, i'd like to have a larger kit 10/12/14/16/22+snares
but that's totally just secondary and i don't really think of it as my dreamkit, just another kit to get one day!
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:26 pm

haha yea. I thought to myself, making a dream kit would be too much hassle being young and having so much to look at. So, my next will be something I would definitely like to own for a long period of time and have a few aspects of my 'dream kit.'
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor. Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 am

Well, I suppose I've had multiple 'dream kits' over the years now, and I already own 2 of them. Ha. Between the Starclassics and my Slingerlands, I'm pretty well covered. Though there are still a couple others.

I've become a vintage drum nut in the past few years, so along with my Slingerlands, I've been craving a Ludwig, mid 60s kit, in smaller sizes. Something like 20x14, 12x8, and 14x14, Ringo style.

Preferably in an Oyster or Pearly finish of some kind. It just so happens there is a 66' Ludwig kit, those exact sizes, and in White Marine Pearl, on my local Craigslist right now for $400. It's been up there for about a year and still hasn't sold, so I'm hoping within the next few weeks after I pay off some debts it'll still be available, and if so I may just have jump on it.

Other than that, the one kit I've always wanted is an Ayotte Custom wood hoop kit. To this day, Ayotte is still probably my favorite drum company. Someday I'll own one. Especially considering they've kinda gone to crap in the last few years, if I could find a deal on a kit from the 'Ray' era, I don't think I'd be too picky. haha. But given the choice, I'd want...

24x18, 18x14 kicks.
12x8, 13x9 rack toms.
14x13, 16x15, 18x15 floors.
And an original 14x6.5 Ayotte Keplinger Steel snare to match.

I'd never have any use for that many drums on a single setup, but it'd be split up into two different kits for multiple options. Completely unnecessary, but I always thought it'd be cool.
Taylor.
Taylor.

https://www.facebook.com/taylor.jordan.ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:33 am

Hi, i forgot all about this thread! i changed my dream kit al little bit, made it smaller but the concept is pretty much the same! I lost the second kick, maybe one day ill have a second kick but not right now, aslo the side snare has gone aswell.
Basically my kit PDP FX Birch in tobacco fade
10" and 12" inch rack toms, clear emps over black suede ambs
14" hanging floor, clear emps over Black suede ambs
14" by 5" snare, FS over clear amb with Russ Miller Jingle wedge
22" kick, FS resowith buddy style logo with Coated amb Kick Batter also i think ill get natural kick hoops someday
Foot Cowbell and along with my usual cowbell over the floor tom
Cymbals
Hats undecided but 14" or 15" probably (i really dig the stagg DH Bite hats atm)
17" Stagg Exotic Crash (I can't imagin being without this crash i love it)
19" Dream Bliss Crash Ride with PM Rattler
21" K special Dry ride or A sweet ride or 24" Dream Energy (lots of options)

Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey) - Page 2 Curren10

This is what id like as my second kit:

Dream Setups! (Not cymbals, Jeffrey) - Page 2 Dream_11
Pretty much contradicts my other kit.
DW Jazz series shells, in Hunter Green to black fade (i like fades)
12" 13" 16" toms Heads probably Coated ambs batters and clear amb resos on the toms for a big warm sound rather than a short flat sound of my other kit.

Kick 18" Vrigin Kick ill mount toms off cymbal stands or a rack, undecided on heads yet

Snare, Meinl Caixa 12" Samba Snare, just a high pitched cutting smack, Heads stock reso and remo Black X batter
But for a snare i also like those world max 13x7 brass snares!

Cymbals
BIG hats 16" or 17" Not sure what yet though possibly Nate Mortons hats
19" dream bliss with PM rattler
and on of my rides metioned above.

Again foot cowbell.

I have a double pedal on both kits as i just like having it there for fills and the odd foot flam in a groove.
All hardware PDP or DW.
I really really want that second kit, i reckon it would be a blast to play on!
I still really want a Matt Bettis Custom ride but ill get all my essentials first, im in no rush at all to upgrade my gear, it sounds fine as it is and imi happy to slowly upgrade one thing at a time.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next