JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your all-time favourite set-up?

+7
Matt
Connor.
sjman409
Rubber314chicken
Per
Dave-the-drummer
InSight.
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Your all-time favourite set-up? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your all-time favourite set-up?

Post by Dave-the-drummer Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Ok cheers for the info matt!
Yea i already have a cowbell, its an LP aspire, sounds great. But i think ill go for a jam block for my foot.
What all do i need to buy, a bass pedal and the wee bracket just?
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Your all-time favourite set-up? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your all-time favourite set-up?

Post by InSight. Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Whoa, that is a really tight set-up. Too many pedals for my liking, but a really nice set-up. Thanks for sharing.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm

yeah, you'd just need to get:

1. a pedal
2. a block
3. the bracket
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:20 pm

hey thats funny, im getting a jamblock and a foot bracket this week. im also getting a cowbell though so i can switch up what i want to use with the foot bracket
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:25 pm

I liked using the jamblock the most and just throwing in a 2-3 Clave beat over all of the stuff i was playing, my second favorite thing was to put a tambourine down there and just keep solid quarters or eighths
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber314chicken Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Matt wrote:I liked using the jamblock the most and just throwing in a 2-3 Clave beat over all of the stuff i was playing, my second favorite thing was to put a tambourine down there and just keep solid quarters or eighths

I tried my cowbell with a pedal and I couldn't work it into my playing. Maybe I just need left foot independence....
Rubber314chicken
Rubber314chicken
Admin

https://jjclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:29 pm

yeah, it took a lot of work to get the left hand independence, i've probably lost it now that i don't use it, but i remember when i started, my left foot and my right hand were really hard to separate. i just started play the most simple beat i could and putting the 2-3 clave beat over that, then worked from there.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 am

^^ yea matt thats what i do, just simple stuff, but i don't have the pedal bracket or pedal yet so im just doin all mine on the hats and putting my right hand on my ride.

Im trying to work the 2-3 clave into the songo, it sounds awesome but its really hard. the left hand plays the left hand syncopated songo pattern all side sticked on the snare, the right hand plays straight fours but moves between ride floortom and cowbell. and the kick plays the tum-bau (spelling anyone?) pattern, the left left foot 2-3 clave, hard stuff i haven't totally got it down yet but its getting there.

Im also thinking of getting a tambourine and setting it up how horacio hernandez does. kinda like jays set up above there.

Of course all this comes after hats which come after i sell my old cymbals, the bettis ride will be next year. Im a patient guy.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:39 pm

sounds sick, try to record it or make a video once you've got it down!
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Yea i was gonna ask about that what do you guys use when recording videos? ill make a youtube account and share some other stuff with you guys if i can.
I have windows movie maker and some other programmes, i need some sort camera though, i can try and borrow one off someone.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 pm

well, the videos i've made, i've just used either 1. my digital camera or 2. my webcam on my macbook

the recording (just audio) i've made have been made by just using the microphone built in to my macbook.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 pm

ill work something out.
I was just thinking the other day that none of you guys have ever heard or seen me play, hopefully ill get some videos up soon.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 am

same for me. ^
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 am

Your all-time favourite set-up? - Page 3 JojoMayer
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:44 am

Gotta love JoJo
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:10 am

I've always wanted to try out this set-up. It seems incredibly comfortable, especially after every time I watch his performance at the 2005 MD Festival. I don't know about that set-up pictured, looks a bit different. But a really comfortable, well thought out set-up.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor. Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:47 am

Yeah, thats Jojo's setup. I saw him at a clinic earlier this year and thats the kit he used. Such sick cymbal choices, and the drums sounded great.

That ring that on the floor beside the side snare, is a cool project he said was going on between him and Sabian. Its basically a big ring made out of the same stuff as Choppers, with rivets in it, and there might be tamborine jingles too. He put it on the snare, and it muffled it alot, making it super dry, and it jingled whenever he played the snare. Very cool.
Connor.
Connor.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnorEllinger

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:53 am

I know it's his, the setup just looks a bit different. If that's what you meant.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Jojo Mayer's set up has always been appealing to me.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3