JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official JJ Johnson Thread

+12
Per
Connor.
Ali G
Skinny.
sjman409
J.
SKC
Levi.
Dave-the-drummer
InSight.
Matt
L'Astronaut
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official JJ Johnson Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official JJ Johnson Thread

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 am

What do those of you who drive, drive?

I drive a 1999 Chevrolet Malibu, and I kind of hate it. I'm definitely going with Toyota or Honda for my next car....
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

The Official JJ Johnson Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official JJ Johnson Thread

Post by Rubber314chicken Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am

I've got a POS dodge caravan.... Which needs a new serpentine I think. I need to get in there with a flashlight to check....

But it hauls drums and amps just nicely which is good.
Rubber314chicken
Rubber314chicken
Admin

https://jjclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:39 am

yeah, i can fit my kit in my cab with no problem, my truck typically stays full of all of my camping gear...
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:42 am

yeah I want a family van matt.

my ford focus ZX3 is an '05. black. and I have a pretty sweet vic firth sticker on the side. awesome.
It's a hatchback so it can definately fit my drums.
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber314chicken Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:45 am

Matt wrote:yeah, i can fit my kit in my cab with no problem, my truck typically stays full of all of my camping gear...

when I use my dad's truck I can fill the first 3' of bed with drums and put the bed cover on. That leaves another 3.5' of bed for amps and guitars and a full cab for 5 people.
Rubber314chicken
Rubber314chicken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am

J. wrote: have a pretty sweet vic firth sticker on the side.

I've got 5 stickers on my car right now, i'm sure that number will increase though...

1. ear X-tacy -- independent record store in Louisville
2. Western Kentucky University -- my college
3. Apple Logo -- I <3 my mac
4. TOMS -- TOMS Shoes, really great cause
5. JM -- The John Mayer script logo

I'm sure I'll put more on there, I mean honestly, my car isn't worth much anyway, and the stickers aren't going to make the value depreciate anymore than it already has... i think last time i looked, my car is worth like 1400 bucks. yeah.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am

InSight. wrote:Yes, I need hi-hats. But I'd also like another ride, and I've got an eye on a new kit through the later months of this year. A metro.

So you're really considering the Metro? Haha, me too, I seriously think I might order mine sometime near the end of the year. Those blackwood kits are really tempting, hopefully they're a good price too.

Matt wrote:What do those of you who drive, drive?

I drive a 1995 Holden Rodeo (ute) Dual Cab. It's got a canopy, so it doesn't look the coolest, but it's so convenient. All of my drums fit in the back, and because it's a dual cab, it's got five seats.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:Yes, I need hi-hats. But I'd also like another ride, and I've got an eye on a new kit through the later months of this year. A metro.

So you're really considering the Metro? Haha, me too, I seriously think I might order mine sometime near the end of the year. Those blackwood kits are really tempting, hopefully they're a good price too.
Yeah, I am. I'm just going to think about it, see what money I can pull together and whether or not I would be able to afford one. If I can find the money, for sure. Hopefully October-December time.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

sweet. I wouldn't mind having a little pickup truck myself.... although, i don't really NEED a truck by any means. I like sedans.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber314chicken Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 am

Matt wrote:sweet. I wouldn't mind having a little pickup truck myself.... although, i don't really NEED a truck by any means. I like sedans.

Go buy a cheapo used compact pickup, like a tacoma, ranger, S-10 or sonoma. I believe they all come with a 4 cylinder engine base, so you get good mileage, you just need 300 lbs in the bed 24/7 for the winter.
Rubber314chicken
Rubber314chicken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:06 am

that's one of my possible future vehicles once i graduate, a Tacoma, or a Corolla, Camry, maybe a Civic or an Accord...

I think if i'd get a v6 though if i got a little truck
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:10 am

InSight. wrote:
Yeah, I am. I'm just going to think about it, see what money I can pull together and whether or not I would be able to afford one. If I can find the money, for sure. Hopefully October-December time.

I've already got enough money, which is good. That's probably about the same time that I might get mine. Haha, we should order on the same day.

Matt wrote:sweet. I wouldn't mind having a little pickup truck myself.... although, i don't really NEED a truck by any means. I like sedans.

Yeah,dual cab utes are pretty much the most convenient cars you can get.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:11 am

i'm personally a volvo guy, but my parents won't get me a car until i'm 18. then i have to pay for half the price of the car. I'll probably get an xc60.
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am

Volvos are such great cars, they last for centuries.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 am

I have a 1995 KIA Sportage right now. It awesome for off-road use, but I would something a little more attractive. I'm split between a used 4x4 truck preferrably a Ford with a 300 straight six, or a Chevy 3/4 ton with a small block; or a Mazda RX8.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:38 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

I've already got enough money, which is good. That's probably about the same time that I might get mine. Haha, we should order on the same day.
Lucky you. I'd need to find about $1,000 I'd think. But I still must find about $2,000 for cymbals pale
Yeah, we so should!
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:08 am

Matt wrote:Volvos are such great cars, they last for centuries.

yeah we own a 1991 volvo 740 with 350000 miles on it. still use it regularly
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 am

Looks my little SURPRISE has to wait!

It's been postponed. can you believe that?!
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 am

Don't you just hate that, hopefully it won't be a 3 month postpone.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 am

What is it Ali? There are no secrets on this forum Wink
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:10 am

InSight. wrote:
Lucky you. I'd need to find about $1,000 I'd think. But I still must find about $2,000 for cymbals pale
Yeah, we so should!

Whoa, that's alot, you should find some Dreams you like. Just think how sooner you could have a Metro if you did.

Dave-the-drummer wrote:What is it Ali? There are no secrets on this forum Wink

I second this, tell us now Ali.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:27 am

Levi. wrote:Whoa, that's alot, you should find some Dreams you like. Just think how sooner you could have a Metro if you did.
Well I've tried, but I haven't really liked many dreams.
I guess $2,000 is exaggerating a bit as I'm looking into stuff from Bosphorus and Istanbul, meaning they're cheaper than any Zildjian or Sabina I've bought.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 am

Well, I can't get it. The guy who was selling it can't meet up anymore. So it's not happening at ALL. Sad

it was a 21" Legacy Ride.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 am

Bummer dude. Do you still have another surprise, I can't remember if you had 1 or 2.
My local store had a nice deal going on a legacy ride for quite awhile, I simply didn't have the spare money.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 am

mleh. I don't know. Theres a few nice cymbals for sale right now, but I just don't know if they're right for me.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next