JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J's Solar Hand hammering project!

+6
Dave-the-drummer
Connor.
SKC
Matt
Ali G
J.
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

J's Solar Hand hammering project! - Page 2 Empty Re: J's Solar Hand hammering project!

Post by Connor. Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 pm

You could use the larger, flatter side of the hammer.
Connor.
Connor.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnorEllinger

Back to top Go down

J's Solar Hand hammering project! - Page 2 Empty Re: J's Solar Hand hammering project!

Post by J. Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm

ohh I didn't think of that. that would be almost hhx style. haha
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Be careful not to crack it! You are lucky you are doing this to brass, because bronze would have cracked and shattered into a thousand little pieces by now.

It would be so fun just to have all the equipment to do stuff like bettis can.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 am

SKC wrote:Be careful not to crack it! You are lucky you are doing this to brass, because bronze would have cracked and shattered into a thousand little pieces by now.

How? As long as you have good contact between the cymbal and the anvil, you can hit it as hard as you want, regardless of if it's brass or bronze.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:10 pm

yeah I realzied that when I was hammering, I wasn't hitting very hard at all. I started hitting it really hard. that's how you change the cymbal's shape. haha I love figured these things out.

I'm so temted to hammer my 18" AA extra thin hi hat top...
but I think I'll need some more practice before I move to B20.. maybe I'll try out some B8s.
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum