JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

+11
Levi.
Whitey
J.
sjman409
InSight.
L'Astronaut
Connor.
Matt
Per
Rubber314chicken
Dave-the-drummer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) Empty Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

Post by Dave-the-drummer Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Everything pedal:
What do you guys play/prefer and why?
Double chain ?
Single chain ?
Direct Drive ?
B.O.A flex system ?

I play a Sonor Double kick pedal. Its a single chain "DP 472 R" model. They are good pedals based on the giant step design!
I bought it because i wanted to put some double kick patterns into my fills and this was the best one tat i could afford! Got some money off and a free case in the end! I have had it for three years now and it has yet to fail me Smile

For hats use my PDP stuff! Why because it feels great and it was free with my kit. Wink

Last edited by Dave-the-drummer on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) Empty Re: Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

Post by Rubber314chicken Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Iron Cobra double bass powerglide, and the roadpro hi hat. Th hat is annoying with the legs sometimes, but its all I've got.
Rubber314chicken
Rubber314chicken
Admin

https://jjclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) Empty Re: Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

Post by Per Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:27 pm

An old Tama Camco double that my brothers got for my birthday.
I really like this pedal, although the footboards are kinda small.

And a Pearl hihatstand that came with my kit. I hate it...
Per
Per

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm all Pearl.

Pearl H2000 Hi Hat Stand with White Cam

Pearl P2000C Single Pedal, Double Chain, White Cam, Round Felt Beater.
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor. Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:09 pm

I have a DW7000 double chain drive double pedal (im just using the single right now) thats at about medium spring tension and has a cheapo round felt beater on it.
The Hihat stand I have is some super cheap one that came with my kit. It works for me, its a chain drive.

Last edited by Connor. on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Connor.
Connor.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnorEllinger

Back to top Go down

Post by L'Astronaut Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 pm

For my kick pedal, I've got a Chain Drive Eliminator Single, Black Cam, Fairly high tension, with the rounded plastic side of the 4 sided pearl beater, it's working really well for me thus far.

For my hat stand i've got a fairly low end mapex chain drive, I've had no problems with it at all.
L'Astronaut
L'Astronaut

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Yep. I'm like Matt:

H2000
P2002C (though coverted into a single, almost. The left slave is off to the side right now). Black cam? I think. Double chain, though I want to get rid of the quad beater.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Advertisement: POLL IS REST FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!! MAKE SURE YOU VOTE
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 pm

roadpro hihat stand, but i'm looking to get a gibralter stand.
Pearl P120P bass pedal (hoping to get a demon drive single soon)
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 pm

DW 9000 RPZNT.
I have the pearl stand that came with my export like 5 or 6 years ago. haha. It just keeps on truckin'.
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 am

Per wrote:An old Tama Camco double that my brothers got for my birthday.
I really like this pedal, although the footboards are kinda small.

And a Pearl hihatstand that came with my kit. I hate it...
My first pedal was a Tama Camco, too. My dad has Tama Crestars, so when I first began to play on his set that was the pedal I used. I used it for a while on a practice set at my old guitar player's house. Really reliable pedal.

For my hats, I use the old Tama stand that came with my dad's set. It's over twenty years old and still works great.
Whitey
Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 am

Dave-the-drummer wrote:Advertisement: POLL IS REST FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!! MAKE SURE YOU VOTE
Question, but why was this put in a hardware thread?
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 am

I really need to clean up my double pedal/single, it most definitely needs new springs and lubricant. It's making scary sounds! Rolling Eyes
But I really want to buy a beater similar to that of Matt's, for a lighter feel and sound. I will if I end up finding this 18" kick.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:15 am

InSight. wrote:
Dave-the-drummer wrote:Advertisement: POLL IS REST FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!! MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

It was put in every section, to advertise, duh Razz
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 am

Dave-the-drummer wrote:
InSight. wrote:

It was put in every section, to advertise, duh Razz
Yeah, for the 5 minutes it was open.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:27 am

Its still open dude!
You may need to hit cancel vote (i had to) and then you'll be able to vote!
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 pm

I really like the demon drive. anyone here a fan of it>

man why hasn't Barrett joined this forum yet?
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:12 pm

I am a fan, not appearance wise, but it feels great, i want to get the parts to change the chain drive on my elim to a direct drive errr demon drive.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

i actually like the look of the demon drive, and i like that theres less grooves in the pedal because i like to play bare foot and the grooves hurt when you start doubling and tripling
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 pm

i just think it looks a little TOO modern.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:50 am

I've got a Gibraltar 6000 series Avenger double pedal right now. I don't use the slave hardly at all, but it is handy to have it there, just for a few little things here and there. It's really solid pedal, miles ahead of the Gibraltar 5000 series. When I got it, there was the 5000 and the 6000 series. They both felt good, the 6000 obviously felt better, but the build quality of the 6000 was so much better. I don't really think I'm gonna need another pedal, at least for a good amount of years.

For my hi hat, I'm using the 5000 Series Gibraltar that came with my kit. Again, I don't think I'm going to replace this for a very long time. Every once in a while, I'll go into a music store and try out a really nice hi hat stand and think "oh, this feels really nice", but I always end up thinking that I don't need it.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:09 am

J. wrote:I really like the demon drive. anyone here a fan of it>

man why hasn't Barrett joined this forum yet?
I think they feel amazing. Not necessarily $1,000 amazing, but definitely some of the nicest pedals I've had the pleasure of trying.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:17 am

I'd really like to try a Demon Drive. I don't think anyone has said a bad word about them, ever. I won't be buying one, but I am curious.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:20 am

Definitely, Levi. They should hit the Aussie market in the next month or two, shouldn't they? I had the pleasure of trying them at a drumming event here in Geelong.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:54 am

Yeah. You know, there is a possibility that a DD might end up at my local. One good thing about my local store is that the guy runs the place will get on the net, find a few things he likes and orders them, just to see if he'll like them. That happened with the HHX RBDR.

And there is a few really nice pedals at my local store, like Axis, Trick Pro 1V, the other Trick(the black one), and some others that I forget.

Speaking of Hi-hat and Kick pedals, at the store, they have one of the Mapex Janus Hi-hat and Double pedal, all in one. It's second hand, and in fairly bad condition, but it's a fairly interesting unit. I don't think I would like it though, even if it was new.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next