JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

+11
Levi.
Whitey
J.
sjman409
InSight.
L'Astronaut
Connor.
Matt
Per
Rubber314chicken
Dave-the-drummer
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:14 am

That's cool. The most annoying thing about my store is it has a majority of beginner gear, and what isn't beginner is generally metal/rock gear. Sure, I realise it's the most popular and what will bring in the dollars more, but I wish there was more range. For example, they have very little from the K/K Customs, same with Sabian. Although they have some LOVELY Bosphorus cymbals. And with hats it's pretty much ALL beginner crap (including pitch blacks and Planet Z), I think they have 1 or 2 high-end hats. And then kits, they used to have a bunch of Visions, forums etc. Although they had a lovely Starclassic that I could've jumped!

Pedals, they have mostly IC's and Eliminators. Once again being the biggest money bringers, so fair enough.

And agh, I'd definitely prefer a double and separate hat stand.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats)

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah. One store around here is like that, with mostly beginner and metal stuff, but the other store has quite alot of good quality gear, and not really any beginner stuff. But, being Australia, most of the stuff is way overpriced, so I normally just buy small things from there.

And yeah, I think a bass pedal and hat combo would be extremely inconvenient.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 am

Oh how I wish everything wasn't so high. Seriously, I get so jealous of the luck Americans at times. Here many are going, 'update those hats man.' Well, I could've updated them and every other damn cymbal on my kit if I lived in the states. When some complain about price 'Oh, this K Custom is $320 *mad, mad, mad*'. I mean, whoa, I'd kill for a price like that. I'm so sick of saving $1,000 for a essentially, a piece of metal. I do realise that average household wages differ, with ours being higher, but not a majority of that extent.

Appreciate what you've got, everybody.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 am

I'd love a demon drive. Just a single though. To quote Josh Eppard; "You just can't groove on a double like you can on a single"

heh.

But first on my list is my new *something* then a new reso head.

Besides, I'm very happy with my eliminator.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 pm

InSight. wrote:Oh how I wish everything wasn't so high. Seriously, I get so jealous of the luck Americans at times. Here many are going, 'update those hats man.' Well, I could've updated them and every other damn cymbal on my kit if I lived in the states. When some complain about price 'Oh, this K Custom is $320 *mad, mad, mad*'. I mean, whoa, I'd kill for a price like that. I'm so sick of saving $1,000 for a essentially, a piece of metal. I do realise that average household wages differ, with ours being higher, but not a majority of that extent.

That's what you get for not living in the US. tongue haha, just kiddin', but you really need to come over sometime.

on-topic - I'm very happy with my ICs and my gibraltar Pedals, they haven't failed, to give me the performance I need. I want to try out a Demon Drive to see if I like it, though.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

SKC wrote:
InSight. wrote:Oh how I wish everything wasn't so high. Seriously, I get so jealous of the luck Americans at times. Here many are going, 'update those hats man.' Well, I could've updated them and every other damn cymbal on my kit if I lived in the states. When some complain about price 'Oh, this K Custom is $320 *mad, mad, mad*'. I mean, whoa, I'd kill for a price like that. I'm so sick of saving $1,000 for a essentially, a piece of metal. I do realise that average household wages differ, with ours being higher, but not a majority of that extent.

That's what you get for not living in the US. tongue haha, just kiddin', but you really need to come over sometime.

on-topic - I'm very happy with my ICs and my gibraltar Pedals, they haven't failed, to give me the performance I need. I want to try out a Demon Drive to see if I like it, though.
tongue
I wish I lived there! I hate Australia, it seems so boring to me. I want change, I'm bored here. As soon as I hit the legal age I really want to travel the country more. See what we really have.
But I hope to visit America one day, and I'll unsuspectingly turn up at your door at 1am, Shawn.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 am

Shocked Smile Wink
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor. Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:34 am

Iron Cobra power glide single pedal, felt IC beater.
Roadpro hihat stand, with Iron Cobra footboard.

I'd like to try out some direct drive pedals someday though. I'm pretty intrigued by the new Yamaha 9500 model, and I suppose the Demon Drive would be cool too... but man that thing is ugly to me.
Taylor.
Taylor.

https://www.facebook.com/taylor.jordan.ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 am

Taylor. wrote:Iron Cobra power glide single pedal, felt IC beater.
Roadpro hihat stand, with Iron Cobra footboard.

I'd like to try out some direct drive pedals someday though. I'm pretty intrigued by the new Yamaha 9500 model, and I suppose the Demon Drive would be cool too... but man that thing is ugly to me.
I don't mind the appearance of the DD, it's just a bit too 'spacey', or new-age. And that mirror on the foot-board. Well that's just a bad idea, it would become a scratched, faded, dull mirror in no-time. Their feel definitely makes up for it though, if you haven't tried one definitely try and get one under your foot.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:03 pm

I don't care what it looks like, it's going to be hidden by my foot anyways...
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Exactly, Pearl should've invested more into playability and not space-age looks. It looks like that thing could kill me ninja style.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 pm

I agree. What's with the whole "techy" age anyway.. everything is soon to look like ugly Axis pedals.. the world would be better off living the vintage style of the 60's anyway, like yea bro. afro
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:51 pm

I may have not had the pleasure of trying out the DD yet, but I've had my foot on some 9000's, some of Trick's pedals', and currently rocking out on the 900 series single pedal by Pearl and the 9000's may have more features, but the feel is almost the same, well for me ... I mean, the 900's feel a little more sluggish to me, and the 9000 definitely has more response and speed (what is meant that fast strokes are more clear and lost in slug of the pedal), I guess, but as for the direct drive pedal - it feels to direct for me .. if that makes sense. I guess mainly for it's purpose, in my opinion, it has alot of crazy double pedal-ing feel to it.
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 am

I don't know, Kyle, what do mean by "to[o] direct... Lots of crazy double pedal-ing feel?" I'm always doing intricate work on my single pedal and having one of those pedals would be all the more better, it sounds like.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 pm

what I meant, for personal perference, is that I like to have a little resistance to my pedal.. like, I mean when the pedal is always shadowing your foot, it increases response and gives you more feel and control, but it just makes me feel like I have to go fast.. how those crazy people like the dumbass Roddy and that George guy.. I will always have a single and I work doubles pretty quickly with that.. I guess maybe it's the feel of a chain drive over direct drive?
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Hahaha wow poor d e r e k roddy.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 am

I thought I spelt it right.. wait a sec!

Last edited by 61'. on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 am

wtf ... you spell d e r e k, and dumbass? SadSad
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 am

if you type Mr. Wolfford first name, it automatically gets changed.

the dumbass
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by sjman409 Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:26 am

hehe sexual congress the dumbass ¡This Cheese is Burning Me! fecal matter
sjman409
sjman409

http://drumzoneblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Its funny because its true.
Well i thought i should expand this thread and include auxilary pedals although none of us have any haha but i will soon and i think SJman will too.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Here's the only picture I have from when I had an aux. pedal.

Hi Hat pedal, Kick Pedal Thread, Auxilary pedal(cowbell/x-hats) - Page 2 1_210
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2