JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird's-eye views.

+6
J.
sjman409
L'Astronaut
Matt
Dave-the-drummer
InSight.
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bird's-eye views.

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 am

Exactly. I think one of the problems is that the companies wait until they have a fairly big order to ship out. That's fair enough. If they were shipping new stock over every second day, they'd lose quite a bit of money. But, you do get times where there's only a few things on order, so they wait for a few more units to be ordered until they ship it out. I guess that's what happening with yours Ash. Like, you're one of the only people to order a Zildjian in Australia, so you have to wait until a few more people order Zildjians until they ship it over.

I could be completely wrong, but that could be a possibility.

But yeah, with heads, they should have a stockpile somewhere, and when it gets down past a certain amount of units, they should order more, so no one ever has to wait ages for just one head.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am

Levi. wrote:Exactly. I think one of the problems is that the companies wait until they have a fairly big order to ship out. That's fair enough. If they were shipping new stock over every second day, they'd lose quite a bit of money. But, you do get times where there's only a few things on order, so they wait for a few more units to be ordered until they ship it out. I guess that's what happening with yours Ash. Like, you're one of the only people to order a Zildjian in Australia, so you have to wait until a few more people order Zildjians until they ship it over.

I could be completely wrong, but that could be a possibility.
As far as I know they only have one shipment every 1-2 months (Zildjian, that is) Which in my opinion is ridiculous. Hence why such a long wait for backorders. They should have more stock, or more regular shipments. What made it worse for me was that I was told there was one on the next shipment and that it would arrive shortly after my HD ride. Well, turns out they lied and that it was in-fact a 3 month backorder wait.

And heads, they should not let stock get under a certain amount. If they notice more demand, more shipment. If they notice less demand, don't completely cut them off and make them special-order only.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:07 am

Yes, and what could've happened with your K Con, is that it got ordered the day after they did a shipment. But that still wouldn't explain why you've been waiting so long.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 am

I'll post up a bird-eye view when my new *something* gets here. heheh
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 am

Well, my store directly spoke to Zildjian Australia, and they stated it would be on the next shipment due within the week. I can't remember if this was also the case with my HD ride, considering it took 2-3 weeks [from memory]. Then after a tedious wait, about 3 weeks ago they called them again and well, obviously it hadn't been on that shipment. Very annoying, considering I'd been so excited for so long. At least if it was the other case I could have acknowledged it would be 3 months until I even received my baby Very Happy
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 am

Ali G wrote:I'll post up a bird-eye view when my new *something* gets here. heheh
Heh heh Cool
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 am

You know what would be really crap Ash? If it got here and you decided you didn't like it. Like what happened with Conor(cjbee) when he got his Jose Pasillas ride. He waited a few months for it, and like it for a while, but then he sold it.

I'm sure that won't happen to you though.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 am

I have tried one, but that was quite a while ago and was fairly brief.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am

Well to be fair, Conor said he regretted selling it, he did like it, he just found something he liked better. Razz
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am

I would've kept it and tried to find the extra funds. Such a long wait etc.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Crap cymbals but will soon change:

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 Overhe11
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:55 am

So here's one of my three piece setup, and my four piece setup.

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 1000194v

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 1000109n
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 Poutpo18

Here's an old one of mine.

**NOTE: My setup has changed quite a bit so I will definitely have pics for all of you at the end of month. Very Happy Thanks for waiting! Haha.
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Im glad you changed that set up! Looks awkward! Maybe its easier for you being a lefty! The dreams seem really really far away!
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Bird's-eye views. - Page 2 Img_7311

Dave-the-drummer wrote:Im glad you changed that set up! Looks awkward! Maybe its easier for you being a lefty! The dreams seem really really far away!

Don't be hating. Very Happy Yea, it was, but it was for that show specifically ... space wise too.. look at the pic above.. I didn't mind it too much, but the music wasn't all that busy with ride work so it was "casually" played. Very Happy I'm still waiting on that video thingy of the show that I wanna post for all of ya. Very Happy

Hints: everything is quite a bit lower, closer but still comfortable, and currently rockin the 3 piece.. but youll have to wait till I get them 17" hats Wink

HAHA! Reminds me of some sort of travis barker setup or some hardcore kit. *flame away* Razz
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 pm

That riser is a mess! Who set all that crap up ? haha
There must have been an easier way to set it up than that! As long as you didn't set up like that out of choice haha!

I would have just left out the Crash at the hats or moved it round to my right side! (your left). And just have both rides at the same side.

EDIT: maybe you should invest in some flatbase stands for that ride if micing will be a problem.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Dave-the-drummer wrote:That riser is a mess! Who set all that crap up ? haha
There must have been an easier way to set it up than that! As long as you didn't set up like that out of choice haha!

I would have just left out the Crash at the hats or moved it round to my right side! (your left). And just have both rides at the same side.

EDIT: maybe you should invest in some flatbase stands for that ride if micing will be a problem.

Haha. It's not a riser at all, like a miny platform thingy with a step ... apparently to add a little class to the show.. whatever Wink Not by choice at all.. we were short on time so just kinda threw it together.. it was like 4 performance back to back over 2 days so it wasnt too bad.. don't get me dreaming about flatbase stands now Razz Either way, it's all over so it wasn't too bad Very Happy

I got alot of compliments about my playing and the kit after many of the shows too, which made me feel good about them again! Very Happy Even for poplar shells..
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm

The X7's are good i was gonna get one but i liked my FX better, finish-wise and soundwise (check my kits thread).
Nothing wrong with poplar! From the back of a big hall next to no-one in the crowd will know the difference. Its all in the heads.
I recommend a flatbase for that ride. It'll make even your rushed set ups easier! They are inexpensive and wouldn't set up back! If I didn't mount drums of my stands i'd have FB on my crashes.
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm

They are pretty good. I would've gone with the 805 series they had when I bought the kit.. the sizes are more pleasing. finish wise I agree. I would've gotten a sparkle finish if they had one, but I'm hands down for satin finish or two tone Rolling Eyes I'll have to look around, what would you suggest for fb stands? and I've got vintage emp's on them over the stock heads. sounds really punchy and a killer sustain. Very Happy
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:02 pm

looks nice, kyle.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:05 pm

thank ya. I can't wait to get those hats though..
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:16 pm

What kind of hats are you looking for?
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm

SKC wrote:What kind of hats are you looking for?

Not looking for.. making Very Happy 17" Dream Contact on bottom and 17" Bliss on top. Very Happy
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm

you're going over to Wuhan, China to make them yourself?
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by 61'. Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:24 pm

... darn you and your literalism.. if that's a word Wink that would fun though. making my own hats. gawdd. but you know that.. Razz
61'.
61'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum