JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official JJ Johnson Thread

+15
Connor.
Charles.
Levi.
Per
Whitey
Ali G
InSight.
Matt
sjman409
Skinny.
Fat Tim
Rotation 4
J.
Dave-the-drummer
Rubber314chicken
19 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official JJ Johnson Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official JJ Johnson Thread

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 am

Dave: Old news, bud.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

The Official JJ Johnson Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official JJ Johnson Thread

Post by SKC Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 am

You are too late to respond to Dave. This will result in a perma-ban. And just to let you know, we never told you about the time limit rule, just like half of the other rules we made up by pulling them out of our butts.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:03 am

That shall result in a perma-ban from giving a perma-ban.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:05 am

Damn the unnamed rules!!!!
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:09 am

Ban for bypassing the swear filter. Somehow.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:26 am

So I feel like a practice. But I feel like total crap. But I got a small practice in at school today, but haven't had a great deal over the past 2 days. It's okay, school holidays now, plenty of practice on my schedule Very Happy
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:30 am

OK, so the carpet was laid in the new practice space today. It's looking very sweet. The paint is almost finished, we're going to do the skirting boards tomorrow, then maybe sort out the air con. When I walked in there this afternoon, it looked a lot like your room, Ash. We've got one temporary light in there now, and it sort of lights it up and makes it look like your colour scheme. We've got the blue on the two ends, the grey on the long walls, but we've got grey on the ceiling instead of white.

We might have practice in there this weekend. It's coming along nicely.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:36 am

InSight. wrote:Dave: Old news, bud.

You mean about the JJ thread? It was news to me, i have been on PDF only once since we made this haha, it made realise how much i hate it.

Edit: Also Levi, Thats great, have fun in your new practice space!
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:52 am

Levi. wrote:OK, so the carpet was laid in the new practice space today. It's looking very sweet. The paint is almost finished, we're going to do the skirting boards tomorrow, then maybe sort out the air con. When I walked in there this afternoon, it looked a lot like your room, Ash. We've got one temporary light in there now, and it sort of lights it up and makes it look like your colour scheme. We've got the blue on the two ends, the grey on the long walls, but we've got grey on the ceiling instead of white.

We might have practice in there this weekend. It's coming along nicely.
Very cool! What lighting are you using? Note for you, if you plan on using down-lights don't use too few. I wish I had used some fluorescent power-saving lights as they generally give far better lighting, save power, and won't heat it up as dramatically during the summer months (though mine come in handy during the colder weather as I have no heating/cooling within my room).
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 am

Dave-the-drummer wrote:
InSight. wrote:Dave: Old news, bud.

You mean about the JJ thread? It was news to me, i have been on PDF only once since we made this haha, it made realise how much i hate it.

Edit: Also Levi, Thats great, have fun in your new practice space!
Yeah. I'd semi-leave also but I want to get back up to 10,000 posts Cool
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 am

InSight. wrote:
Very cool! What lighting are you using? Note for you, if you plan on using down-lights don't use too few. I wish I had used some fluorescent power-saving lights as they generally give far better lighting, save power, and won't heat it up as dramatically during the summer months (though mine come in handy during the colder weather as I have no heating/cooling within my room).

Thanks. Umm, no downlights, as you know, they involve cutting a big(50mm) hole in the ceiling, which will let quite a lot of sound out. We're using two regular bayonette style lightbulb holders, both on the long wall, the one with the door in it, high up, near the ceiling. We'll have a small penetraion, just big enough to get the cable through, then we'll proably seal it up with acoustic sealer. We'll see how those lights go, and if we need more light, we'll use two 6ft self standing lamps.

I always wondered about how your room was in summer, with no air con. Ours is good, because seeing as it's winter, we won't have to get the aircon going straight away.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:36 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

Thanks. Umm, no downlights, as you know, they involve cutting a big(50mm) hole in the ceiling, which will let quite a lot of sound out. We're using two regular bayonette style lightbulb holders, both on the long wall, the one with the door in it, high up, near the ceiling. We'll have a small penetraion, just big enough to get the cable through, then we'll proably seal it up with acoustic sealer. We'll see how those lights go, and if we need more light, we'll use two 6ft self standing lamps.

I always wondered about how your room was in summer, with no air con. Ours is good, because seeing as it's winter, we won't have to get the aircon going straight away.
Just two? Sorry, I think you mentioned, but what's the size of this room again?

I like your attention to detail!

It's really shocking during summer, really nice of a morning, then once mid-day hits the adjacent wall of the door receives direct sunlight for the whole after, being the hottest part of the day you can imagine how quick it can heat up. The fan doesn't do to bad, but we might consider some type of cooling.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 am

InSight. wrote:

It's roughly 6mx3m. We'll put some fairly powerful lightbulbs in there, but we already don't expect them to be bright enough, so that's where the freestanding lamps come in. We wanted to have as little penetrations into the room as possible, because the more penetrations, the more sound that escapes. That includes lighting, power, air con, fresh air, exhaust fan.

And I don't know how you could drum in a room without aircon on some of the hot summer days. Actually, I was down in Victoria a few years ago, visiting family, and a few of the days got up over 40C. But really, your 40C+ days aren't nearly as bad as our 35C days. The humidity up here just kills you.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

It's roughly 6mx3m. We'll put some fairly powerful lightbulbs in there, but we already don't expect them to be bright enough, so that's where the freestanding lamps come in. We wanted to have as little penetrations into the room as possible, because the more penetrations, the more sound that escapes. That includes lighting, power, air con, fresh air, exhaust fan.

And I don't know how you could drum in a room without aircon on some of the hot summer days. Actually, I was down in Victoria a few years ago, visiting family, and a few of the days got up over 40C. But really, your 40C+ days aren't nearly as bad as our 35C days. The humidity up here just kills you.
Not a great deal bigger than mine, to be honest I didn't know what to expect. I should get some lamps as although with just practice it's perfectly fine (although having the down-lights going for 2 hours isn't the best) when I need to take any type of pictures it proves an extremely difficult task (as you may have noticed).
Yeah man, hence why we don't have any venting of any type. To have the vents continuously turning directions in the roof can become both expensive and a very big hassle. If I were more demanding for sound-proofing we definitely could've improved it in a lot of aspects. Trying to simply improve the sound escaping for only one neighbor in-particular seemed pointless to spend too much on.

We had a day that peaked 48°C. Incredible, and what made it worse was the hot wind. Some of our animals passed that day, unfortunately. My drum was actually the coolest place on our property, except of course my pool.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:26 am

Btw, what are the lines through the writing of a post supposed to achieve? It's perfectly readable.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:54 am

My god, the PDF is so immature about MJ's passing.

I don't care if he was mentally unstable, he made some great music and will be a big part of the 20th century, he should be showed some proper respect.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:32 am

You know..

I have a big exam in three months.

I need to study for it.

After I get my new surprise, and post pics of my kit updated, I want someone to ban me for three months.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:39 am

Ill ban you Very Happy haha
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:40 am

heh. Not yet though. Smile
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-the-drummer Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:42 am

PM me when you want banned, im free from exams until next may Very Happy
And my Dream ride will be here in 2-3 days Very Happy
Dave-the-drummer
Dave-the-drummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am

I love Coffee.

Do you guys like coffee?
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 am

I hate coffee.
My brother tried to make me drink coffee, because "all musicians drink coffee".
He failed.
Per
Per

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 pm

I want to go to sleep, but my brother is playing guitar and I can't sleep.

And he won't stop because he's pissed at me.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Wait, you're going to bed, and I just woke up like an hour ago.

other side of the world ftw.
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:15 pm

yeah, it's 11 pm here.
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next