JJ Johnson Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl.

+9
J.
Charles.
sjman409
Matt
Prog Rocker
Dave-the-drummer
InSight.
Per
Levi.
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl. - Page 2 Empty Re: Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl.

Post by InSight. Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Levi. wrote:Yeah, I'm so glad we have a distributor over here. A while back, I was listening to all the sound files on VirtualCymbals. I fell in love with the Dreams, and I was almost about to order some, regardless of the cost of the shipping. Then someone told me about cymbalsplus.com, and I was so happy, I think I bought my hats that night.
Was the shipping still rather expensive? I've got some Australian shipping quotes before and they're always so expensive, like international shipping.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl. - Page 2 Empty Re: Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl.

Post by Levi. Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 am

Charles. wrote:Beautiful man! Love the FS.

Thanks.

J. wrote:hey get pictures of your three piece setup!

I will. I took a few tonight. I'll upload them tomorrow, along with a few pics of my Premier and Sonor snares.

InSight. wrote:
Was the shipping still rather expensive? I've got some Australian shipping quotes before and they're always so expensive, like international shipping.

Umm, shipping from cymbalsplus was only like $15, but now they've included in the overall price.

I didn't check any prices for international shipping but I imagine it would be pretty steep. How much was the shipping for your wood hoops? I'd imagine it'd be a little bit higher than that.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:58 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

Umm, shipping from cymbalsplus was only like $15, but now they've included in the overall price.

I didn't check any prices for international shipping but I imagine it would be pretty steep. How much was the shipping for your wood hoops? I'd imagine it'd be a little bit higher than that.
Whoa, fantastic shipping price.

For my wood hoops it was a hefty $100 or so, pretty ridiculous for the net size. But worth it in the end.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:06 am

InSight. wrote:

For my wood hoops it was a hefty $100 or so, pretty ridiculous for the net size. But worth it in the end.

Yeah, I know. Actually, when I bought my ride and china, they had already changed it so that the shipping was included, so when I bought them, it was like I wasn't paying any shipping at all.

Ehh, $100 bucks isn't too steep, but yeah, it would be a small package.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:11 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

Yeah, I know. Actually, when I bought my ride and china, they had already changed it so that the shipping was included, so when I bought them, it was like I wasn't paying any shipping at all.

That would have been a good surprise!

Yeah, but considering this is about 15"²x3" and it was paper-light.

Btw, you are in townsville, yes?
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:12 am

Levi. wrote:
InSight. wrote:

That would have been a good surprise!

Yeah, but considering this is about 15"²x3" and it was paper-light.

Btw, you are in townsville, yes?
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah I suppose wood hoops weigh next to nothing.

Yeah I'm in Townsville.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am

Well I PM'd PDF member 'broke' regarding an 18" Bass Drum in my finish that he mentioned about 9 months ago. He's going to check it out and see if it's still at his local store (where is was). Just putting it out there. Townsville isn't that big is it?
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:22 am

No, Townsville's fairly small. Do you know the name of the store? My local store deals in a bit of Sonor, but I've never seen any in your finish.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:25 am

Nope, he just said his local store had an 18" Bass Drum and snare. Which, personally I found odd, being not a very popular accessory. But with luck there is one in good nick.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:28 am

Oh OK. There's only four music stores here. Three of which deal very little in any drums, and one of which doesn't have what you're looking for. There have been a few that have closed down in the last few years, so maybe they've got some leftover stock, but who knows.

I hope you do find what your looking for, your kit would be sweet with an 18".
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 am

Yeah. I'm eager to find out. The guy said he'd find out for me perhaps tomorrow. Hopefully it won't set me back too much, however. My hats just keep getting further and further away.
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:05 am

Here's a few more pics with the three piece setup. They didn't turn out that great, but it's better than nothing.

Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl. - Page 2 1000194v

Levi's Kit, Gretsch, Dream, Meinl. - Page 2 1000191s
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:19 am

Wondeful, Levi. Though it looks emptier than most through the middle. I'd say that's due to me seeing more kits with large rides covering the empty space. But I'm really digging that kit man!
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 am

Thanks. I think it's probably cos my setup is fairly spaced out, because if I have it too tight, I end up hitting things that I don't want to hit. And I think I could get the Meinl closer to the bass drum if I played with the setup a bit

I would really like a bigger 20" crash/ride though.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Wow, i really dig the three piece man, makes me want to go back to it!
Matt
Matt

https://facebook.com/matthutcheson87

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:04 pm

three piece setup looks great Levi!

isn't time to lose that double pedal though? =p
J.
J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:47 am

Matt wrote:Wow, i really dig the three piece man, makes me want to go back to it!

Thanks, I always loved yours and ZenErik's three pieces back in the day.

J. wrote:three piece setup looks great Levi!

isn't time to lose that double pedal though? =p

Thanks.

Haha. I've thought about converting it to a single a few times, but I never got around to it. I still want to get a lighter beater like yours, I might only get it for the main pedal. I think I'll always have the slave there, only because it's not getting in the way, and I might use it in a few little spots, mainly for like big endings and stuff like that. I really never use the double in grooves and stuff though.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 am

Levi, I do not think I have ever commented on your set. It looks GREAT for being a Black Hawk set, you have kept looking great very well. It's a good set and I can't wait too see your next set!
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 am

Thanks Shaun.

SKC wrote:I can't wait too see your next set!

Neither can I. I've been thinking about one for so long, but the Gretsch is sounding really good, and I love the way it looks with the Fiberskyn. I will get a Metro kit sometime in the future, I have no idea when though.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 am

Have you done anything with the bearing edges?
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:16 am

No, the toms are just sounding good good cause of the coated G2's and the fact I spent a while playing with the tuning. Actually, they could be a little bit higher. The snares always sound good, and the bass sounds great with the ported FS.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by SKC Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:19 am

That's awesome, Levi, it's good to hear. It just goes to show you that a good tone comes from good tuning.
SKC
SKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi. Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:23 am

Yeah. I've seen a lot of low end kits that have terrible bearing edges and are assembled really bad, but this Gretsch is really good. The bearing edges are basically perfect, and everything's been put together really well. I think the quality has gone down on the Blackhawks the last couple of years, but mine is really top notch.
Levi.
Levi.

Back to top Go down

Post by InSight. Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 am

Levi. wrote:Haha. I've thought about converting it to a single a few times, but I never got around to it. I still want to get a lighter beater like yours, I might only get it for the main pedal. I think I'll always have the slave there, only because it's not getting in the way, and I might use it in a few little spots, mainly for like big endings and stuff like that. I really never use the double in grooves and stuff though.
My Eliminators been sitting, half converted for about a week now :¡This Cheese is Burning Me!:
InSight.
InSight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next